Saturday, November 29, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
“The saints are exceedingly loving and gentle to mankind, and even to brute beasts ... Surely we ought to show them [animals] great kindness and gentleness for many reasons, but, above all, because they are of the same origin as ourselves.” 

                                                                                                               St. John Chrysostom 
      I don't have a new post for this week, as I am enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday, being grateful for those who have given so much to help animals have a better life.  I encourage you, however, to take a look (if you haven't already) at last week's two posts:  The Least Of These, inspired by last Sunday's gospel reading, and On Humans And Other Animals, continuing my discussion of David Clough's book, On Animals, with a look at the place of humans and the place of other animals in creation, giving special attention to what links us together and what separates us.  I'll be back next week.  In the meantime, I am also thankful for all of you who check in on this blog.  Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: