Friday, September 12, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DOMINION IN THE IMAGE OF GOD

 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; 
ensure justice for those being crushed.
                                                                           Prov.31:8, New Living Translation
      

             One year ago today, I made my first post on this blog, wherein I observed, "While there is virtually no area of human life where we may not say 'all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God' (Rom. 3:23), in perhaps no arena is there greater ignorance of sin than in our relations with animals, to whom we rarely give a thought."  I explained, "It is my hope that in learning to fulfill the responsibility given to us at the creation to treat animals with mercy and compassion on God’s behalf, we can not only make the world a better place for animals, but we can become more fully human as God intended us to be, growing into God's image and drawing closer to Him as we care for what is His."  Here is a link to that first post.   What Is This Blog All About?
              That remains my hope and my prayer.  Thanks to all of you who have checked in throughout the past year.  I hope you will continue to read these posts and that you will find in them something you can use to help make the world a better place for the other creatures of God with whom we share this planet and in so doing, grow in your own walk of faith.  
           Meanwhile, don't forget to check out this week's new post, On The Loss Of A Pet, as well.  

Photo credit: David Wye

2 comments:

Life Through Endurance said...

So glad you're doing this and Happy Birthday! I hope you've gotten as much out of it as those who read it.

Lois Wye said...

Thanks, LTE! It has been an adventure - with lots of learning curves - but one I very much enjoy!